Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Wednesday August 27th...


I am sneaking a blog in the trailer. Puffing away on the old keyboard.

We are shooting inside the NY museum again today. Popping crates, Teddy on the horse, a horse handler standing just out of frame, soothing the chestnut colored, big eyed creature. Funny image, as there are actually 4 Teddy's and soon to be more...a wax one, a stunt double, a body double, and then there are the Teddy's at the Smithsonian...but for today, the almost surreal effect of glancing at one point to see any number of variations on the real Robin -- who is of course also here and nothing but sweet (I handed him a chai latte this morning and he thanked me so much, and all I could say was, "No...thank YOU." as in -- thank you for telling such good stories, thank you for being a gifted performer, thank you for making people laugh...)

More Robin funny...
during the bit with Teddy and Larry and the buzzing blackberry, between set-ups, Robin said to noone and everyone:

"I was just at Starbucks the other day and I saw two little girls, not even teenagers, sitting next to each other, texting away like animals. Then one of them said to the other: Yeah, me TOO!"

Great image. Good moment for a screenplay. And that is the way he seems to be...I guess that's what you do when standup is a real part of your life...you are constantly observing, retelling, trying material out...

Canada is having MAPLE WOOD MEAT recalls for Listeriosa (sp?) poisoning and also MUMPS! Yikes. I ran on the treadmill this morning and read the sub-titled reports while listening to The English Beat. Vowing to become a vegetarian and light some incense in the apartment. During lunch, as I ate my chicken drumstick, the meat practically falling from the bone in a savory heap, I recalled my early morning resolution. And I considered the idea of being a vegetarian. As I looked around the table, Marco gnawing on a lambshank popsicle and the stir fry tofu that also adorned my own plate...

but I digress. Zulu is calling for me to bring a coffee drink into Shawn.

No comments: