It’s Thursday, August 14, 2008 – and I am on the plane to NYC. I have been delinquent in my writing and I have no excuse – except for the obvious one, that Mintilligan is in Vancouver and therefore, when I arrive home, I’ve had the luxury of seeing him, eating a meal, talking – which used to be the energy that went into writing my blog.
Just read a couple of short stories by Miranda July. She is a chameleon and likes to take on the voices of people she isn’t – old men and then these women who, for some reason, don’t strike me as doppelgangers for the author. What do I know, I don’t know Miss July – I only ever saw her debut feature (which I remember seeing in LA, with Chris and Karen Curtiss, at a movie theatre off Santa Monica Blvd. by the 405). But she is a good writer...not typical. She says things without being afraid to uncover the seemingly mundane-ness of details.
I packed too much for just 7 days – 2 of which will be spent traveling. But it’s NYC, and I don’t know what I’ll be moved to do, or how much free time I’ll have. Maybe I’ll walk around the East Village and it will be hot and I’ll want my white linen pants and sandals. Or maybe I’ll meet Victoria for a glass of red wine in the hotel bar and I’ll want my paper denim jeans, heels and sexy top. Or maybe I’ll hang with Mom and Dad in Central Park on Sunday before I go to work, and I’ll wear a skirt. I also brought my bikini, because my full piece was still wet from soaking in my building’s hot tub. It must be dry now, hanging in the bathroom, back in Vancouver – with all the rest of the pieces of Vancouver – Canadian money, JJ Bean Coffee, Marco, The Production Office, the Trailer, Angel Blue Eyes, the Mountains…
I guess I can say it officially now since it’s been officially announced…THE KITTY LANDERS SHOW has been accepted into The New York TV Festival! Our TV pilot, our little baby, will screen at some point during the week of September 12th through the 17th. We of course are beyond thrilled for the exposure and the meetings that festival entry affords. We hope to sell Kitty and maybe get interest from agents to rep the show, to rep us as the creators, to rep me as an actor. Such is the regular fare there, I have been told. So think good thoughts.
In the meantime, we are racing to replace 4 songs that are tracks for which we don’t have clearance. That and create a 1 minute trailer, in addition to outputting a lot of various formats for the festival as they will put the show, in its entirety, on MySpace. Dwight (who cut the GRIND footage) is kindly cutting the trailer (he recorded my voice over last night, pre-packing/laundry/hot-tub soak) and Stephanie, in LA, will drop in the new music and tweak the final credits and output the various formats that we’ll need…all by August 21st latest. I am leaving a lot of the heavy lifting on all this to Anna and Chris as If anyone is curious to check out the Festival, or see about tickets, location…go to:
www.nytvf.com
I think we are halfway down the page where it lists this year’s pilot submissions.
So, let’s see…N2! We wrapped a lot of people this week. Maybe I can just say their names since their participation in the sequel is no secret….Christopher Guest, Hank Azaria, Alain Chabat, and Jon Bernthal – are all done shooting. That leaves Ben Stiller, Amy Adama, and still yet to shoot: Robin Williams, Ricky Gervais, Steve Coogan, and Owen Wilson. This will all be on the other side of NYC. The family has moved out of Erwin Drive and I do not envy Marco, who is currently overseeing the wrapping out of the rental house and the shipping of many boxes back to LA – all of which require 4 different forms each.
I’m excited for New York. Excited for the late summer humidity, as crazy as it sounds – the subway, the PARK, the faces. My battery on the laptop is about to die. So that means SAYOONARA for now – and I WILL blog from the APPLE.
Thursday, August 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment