I am sitting up against a wall, 16 Candles style (except I'm not wearing pink pumps), listening to Shawn as he cuts the movie with the editors. Today was the first day back after a 3 day weekend. It started off tough...grumpy grumps all around which was hard not to absorb and reflect -- but then after lunch I seemed to get a buoyant kind of lightness (perhaps it was my diligence in drinking lots of water today after I reminded my parents to stay hydrated in the hot Florida heat?) that remains even now.
We shot the Monkey and Movie Star #1 today, engaged in the "3-way ..." (I'd tell you, but then I'd have to...be nervous about getting in trouble with the head of the studio again...NOT GOOD!). I read DEXTER's lines behind a black scrim to give Movie Star #1 something to react to.
Took out my FLIP camera and got some shots after we wrapped, the most exciting of which was of course me, by myself, doing MADGA, as I searched for a FIJI for Rattler. Working on way to resurrect MAGDA into my next project. Wrote to Spencer today back in NYC to see if he couldn't send me the quicktimes over the INTERNET.
Zulu calls me a little Witch. He says his wife is the same way, and that I have witchy eyes, and am able to pick up on the subtleties in everyone's behavior. I cackle and twitter when I hear this compliment (for yes, indeed -- I do take this as a compliment -- I'm magic!). Well, I don't really cackle and twitter, but I smile knowingly. I am a chameleon. Truly a Cancer with the hard shell of a crab that's so soft on the inside. Worry, worry worry Mintilligan says when he sees my brow. Why all the worry?
Had a series of frustrating emails with Patricia, the publicist, over what continued to be an unclear pitch for getting the actors off camera, in character, coming from the studio. Essentially, every time I tried to get a handle on exactly what's being asked for and for what purpose, the answer changed. And yet they wanted Rattler's 2 cents and/or approval! I have my own ideas of what would make great DVD content..
Time to take off. I will drive home in the orange pink light towards yaletown, only to return 9 hours from now. It will be Wednesday by then, and I'll have a new breakfast order to fill. And hopefully, a better blog to be plotting.
I'm back!
Tuesday, August 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment