Oh my Goodness have I been a bad blogger!
The weekend has sailed by luxuriously...and I must exercise before heading to a screening of ELEGY around the corner...going as Claude's guest. Before I do, and with the intention of writing more this evening to cover the events of Friday (INTENSE!) and the weekend...I must first say that H. Dwight Raymond the IV (otherwise known as "Dwight," 1st Assistant Editor to the Zimmermans) cut together my flip video Grouse Grind footage...and I'm posting it now.
It wont' post...so I'll just include the link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_g7HUky6lY
As for Friday...let's see. Wife of CORKY came to set at the very end of the day, which was exciting. Also exciting was a moment that has only happened once before -- but is worth noting as I don't think I noted it previously. Rattler was shooting Movie Star who plays Kahmunrah and the frame was tilted upward, from the POV of the British miniature looking towards the Evil Pharoah. We did many takes, all the same, and I, standing next to Rattler, leaned towards him and suggested, with no words but pure body language (taking on the stance of the actor in the frame), that perhaps he should lean forward and bend down, towards camera. Rattler understood my suggestion and asked that the actor do as much for the next take. My heart soared. Then, in the space of seconds, the light behind the movie star blew, and the magazine of film ran out. "MOVING ON!" was the call. My suggestion, or the option of having it in the edit room -- is by now a foregone conclusion. Still -- the thrill of thinking of it, and suggesting, and Rattler being open to that suggestion to suggest it to the actor -- that gave me a thrill. What if it was me, everyday, who was giving the actor the action?
We went over the shot list in the trailer on Friday. This was very educational. I listened and typed into a word document as Rattler rattled the shots off. I asked: "Did Judd ever suggest shots when you did the shot list?" Rattler paused. No, he didn't. Did I have a shot that I wanted to suggest? I told him: "Not that I have a shot to suggest, I just don't know the protocol, and if I had a suggestion, whether that would be appropriate to voice it." He was open. "It's appropriate. If you have one, shout it out." I did -- when I thought about the actors that were called for that day, which procured a 'shot of the 3 rogues..."
Come to think of it...the trailer convo happened BEFORE the on-set, actualization of me suggesting a shot and Rattler taking the suggestion. But I'm just now putting the sequence of events in order, in order of significance.
Saturday I went to COUNTRY BEADS with Diane and Ashley and Nancy. Made necklaces for Mom, Anne, Myself and Diane. Then Ashley and I went to Main Street and I found some finds at FRONT. Kitty-esque shoes for sure, a pair of overalls cut into a skirt, and a pretty blouse. Last night, I started writing a treatment for the film that I need to continue momentum on, watched the reflection of the fireworks in the windows of the apartment building across the way, and flipped through channels, taking in Johnny Depp as Hunter S. Thompson, John Cameron Mitchell's HEDWIG, and last but not least, Orson's Citizen Kane.
Today was a sort of sweet reverie. I felt myself getting anxious about something that should never have been taking that much energy. I forced myself to step out and get a coffee, bought a coffee house folk artist cd at Starbucks, which I'm listening to now. I exercised for about 90 minutes in the gym without really meaning to...and then realized I had 30 minutes to get ready for the screening. Showered quick, and got to the theatre in time. ELEGY is really sticking with me -- the performances, the subject matter, and Isabel Coxiet (sp?) as a director. I liked her choices as a director. Liked the time she took with the scenes, and the sensuality of the performances. Ben Kingsley, Penelope Cruz, Patricia Clarkson, Dennis Hopper, Debbie Harry, Peter Saarsgard. All good actors.
So now I'm here, Sunday night, 20 minutes to 10pm -- ready for bed. Tomorrow I will rise early, exercise, and head in. Friday brings August. August! How did that happen, again (and when I say 'again,' I mean for the 32nd time?)
Sunday, July 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment