Friday, July 11, 2008

Friday Night, Oh Sweet Friday Night -- July 11th

I'm here in my apartment, and it's 11PM. But do I feel panicked, like I HAVE to get to bed, like I need to hurry up and write my blog entry? NO. It's Friday night, and I do not have to get up at 6AM. Plus: we are almost 2 weeks into July. WHAT?!

When I pictured my time in Vancouver, before moving here, I tried to imagine what I'd be doing at this point, how things would be going. But the crazy thing about life is -- as much as you try to envision, and anticipate, and then make decisions and take action based on those calculations -- the thing that's hardest to nail down is what your perspective will be in that 'as yet to be experienced' point in the future. And perspective means a lot. Gonna try to put things into "perspective..."

Back to the MOVIE. The large, grand, machine. In terms of being in it everyday -- and the scale it takes on -- it's hard not to want to shoot (as in, film) my actual experience. There are moments when the setting itself and all the characters around me become surreal. I'll want to pinch myself, as I'm sitting near the movie stars, watching playback from yesterday's scenes with the other movie star who only shot for one day but was hysterical, in a corridor of a museum that doesn't exist but has been expertly built to look real. In my periphery I see the makeup and hair team, the Executive Producer, the Visual Effects Producer...everyone at the ready. And there I am, on my blackberry, typing out another email, going back to my "memo" icon with my TO DO list, waiting on Rattler's next move. He is the Bullet and I believe his very momentum almost begets the steady flow of new items to be conquered or contained. Revise document; send email. Call actor; sweet talk and make feel at ease. Eat piece of gum. Do voices of off screen characters. Shot list with VFX department. Eat a tea biscuit. Talk to Production Designer; approve candelabra. Walk 1st team (movie stars) through their blocking; listen and respond, listen and respond. Call Home. Tell kids you love them; feel frustrated that there isn't enough time to keep talking and hang up more quickly than the person on the other end wants you to.

In the meantime, I am emailing the office in LA about what and how and when and how much. I am emailing Rattler's wife about dolls. I am speaking with Exec Producer about info I need to get to Bullet.

and now I am falling asleep, again.
But I am so excited to fall asleep...

No comments: