We are hurtling, jurtling, swertling towards the end of the show. My entries have suffered major lapses in time, for which I may not ever forgive myself. I'll be watching the movie I cut my teeth on as a producer/director when I'm 80 -- and I'll come to the scene we shot on this past Monday, LABOR DAY, let's say. And I won't have as vivid a memory, perhaps, because I didn't connect another memory with that day. Or PERHAPS because we didn't shoot on Monday...
We actually had a 3 day weekend. It was somewhat debaucherous, starting with Friday night after the long week that led up to that point. I went to dinner with Marco, left early to go to Ben's, played rock band, went swimming. Saturday was sort of a blur...I had Amy over for wine and cheese, went to a burlesque show with a bunch of the girls, then went to Republic, then came back here. Sunday I bought knee and wrist guards at Canadian Tire after going to 3 department stores with crappy sports gear sections. Also hit a vintage store on Granville and Robson and bought 2 jackets and a belt for NYC. NYC which is exactly a week away now.
Sunday night I took a nap before going over to Marco's to wish Bob a happy b-day. We ate a cake shaped like a bum (angel food and marshmallow icing). I could not rally for dancing so came home, and proceeded to work on the computer for 2 hours. What was I up to? Ticking off TO DO's...
Tuesday we were back in and back in we went. NY set that is now the last of the other dinosaurs -- the NATL gallery being used for EPK interviews and background holding, the Archives taken over by 2nd Unit, and the Greenscreen stage our occasional jaunt (like with Robin as Teddy on a horse last Thursday and Friday, doing his best...animatronics.
Robin Williams really was like a ship in the night. He was here last Monday and wrapped last Friday. I was having a hard time keeping my laughs in during "sideways fish" sequence. So freaking funny. Friday we had a number of set visitors...The owners of the house SL rented plus their kids...having visitors on set definitely adds a new layer of stress. Marco or I have to cover them exclusively, and they are sometimes high maintenance. The set visitor who can entertain themselves without looking to be entertained -- is ideal. Most people don't know any better so they sit in the chair you provide and proceed to enquire about what other parts of the "show" they'll get to see -- while in the meantime the Rattler still wants to move Miami Vice speedboat on the water fast, not to mention he still needs things from the trailer, and needs things taken to the trailer.
I met Cora the Guard who sits just in front of the catering tent. I asked her why I was the only person she ever seemed to ask for their idea, and she played ignorant and answered tough, asking me to procure it. John Schwartzman came to my defense and said something like: "This is the director's assistant. We've been on this show for 3 months. Are you telling me you don't recognize her yet?" But Cora was not impressed nor was she swayed. So now, I have my pass out as I walk down the steep steps from the parking lot. I smile big and I thank her.
there is more, but I am falling asleep. I was going to write about being on-set, and calling Amy, and hearing Ava splash, and Dean and then Don down on set, and McNulty visiting past 2 days, and Tuesday Jonathan Baldock...was gonna write about shot lists and Zulu tug O wars....Dick Van Dyke, Mickey Rooney, Bill Cobbs -- all on-set on Tuesday, along with 150 background extras, not to mention Crystal the Monkey... Finally, Phil Bray sent great shots from NYC. A couple that I will get to mom and dad. I also have new pictures...
Wednesday, September 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment